GIORGI MIKADZE (Pianist, Composer, Arranger)
- Giorgi Mikadze is Georgian Pianist, Composer and Arranger. Giorgi Mikadze was born in Tbilisi, Georgia, He began playing piano at the age of five. Giorgi absorbed his classical music studies and began composing at 14. While attending high school, he discovered Oscar Peterson, Bill Evans, Keith Jarrett, Herbie Hancock and quickly fell in love with jazz. He has won piano competitions and received awards in many countries. His concerts have been broadcast on radio and television in Europe, Asia and America. He has appeared at major festival venues in Georgia, Europe and America.
- Paliashvili central music school, 1995-2006, Tbilisi, Georgia. (studied with Nodar Nakaidze);
- Tbilisi V. Sarajishvili State Conservatoire. Bachelor degree in classical music performance. 2006-2010,Tbilisi,Georgia. Studied with Revaz Tavadze.
- Berklee College of Music. Bachelor dual-degree in composition and performance majors. 2010-2014. Studied with Tia Fuller, Phil Wilson, Dave Santoro, Ray Santisi, Dennis Montgomery, Alain Mallet, Vadim Neselovsky, David Fiuczynski and Jetro Da Silva.
- Manhattan School of Music, NY New York, Studying with Garry Dial. Masters in Jazz Arts. 2014-2016
- Manhattan School of Music – Full Tuition Scholarship for Master in Jazz arts 2014-2016;
- Lee Ritenour’s Six String Theory Competition – Grand Prize 2014;
- Jazz Performance Award. Berklee College of Music 2014;
- Winner of Betty Carter Jazz Ahead Program at the Kennedy Center (directed by Jason Moran), Washington DC 2013
- Berklee Emanuel Zambelli Scholarship. Scholarship for Berklee classical music performers 2013;
- Winner of “New Piano Music” composition and piano department competition as a composer
- and performer 2012;
- Jazz Performance Award. Awarded to the student with the most outstanding jazz pianist.
- Berklee 2012;
- Berklee Symphony Orchestra – Concerto Competition. Winner 2012;
- Berklee College of Music Full Tuition Scholarship for BA program 2010-2014;
- Scholarship from Giya Kancheli (Georgian composer resident in Belgium) 2009-2010;
- International Summer Festival Institute at Round Top (Texas, US) Full Scholarship 2009;
- Grant from Eteri Andjapharidze 2009 (Eteri Andjaparidze is a Georgian/American pianist and
- Faculty member of Mannes school and NYU)
- Winner of national and International classical piano competitions. 2002-2008
- Secocnd Prize N. Gabunia National Piano Competition, Tbilisi, Georgia 2002;
- Second Prize, Tbilisi International Young Pianists’ Competition Tbilisi, Georgia, 2005;
- Special Prize and Diploma, 6th V. Horowitz International Piano Competition Kiev, Ukraine, 2005;
- Jack Dejohnette, Roy Hargrove, Meshell Ndegeocello, Matt Garrison, Jojo Mayer, David
- Fiuczynski, Renee Neufville, Tia Fuller, Patti Austin, Lee Retnour, Siedah Garrett, Amen Saleem,
- Phil Wilson, Mulatu Astatke. Bill Whelan, Tbilisi Symphony Orchestra and Berklee Contemporary Symphony Orchestra, Justin Dicioccio, Mike Stern.
Brian “Raydar” Ellis
- DJ Raydar Ellis is a highly skilled “Jack of All Trades” in a musical landscape that embraces diversity. He is equal parts hip hop connoisseur and jazz aficionado, masterfully combining the two genres and creating music people can add to the soundtrack of their lives. Whether he is producing songs, spinning partygoers into a frenzy, educating students at Berklee College of Music, or contributing to Okayplayer and its offshoot, Revive Music, Ellis has made tremendous strides to cement his place as a major player on several fronts in music scene. An immensely talented and dynamic DJ, emcee, and producer, Ellis has worked with names that include Questlove, Esperanza Spalding, Sonnymoon, and Pharoahe Monch.
|Brian "Raydar" Ellis||DJ, vocals||www.berklee.edu/people/brian-raydar-ellis|
|Patrick Bartley||Alto Sax|